Thursday 9 December 2010

Operation Payback


For the first time since 2003 I've been back on mIRC in a proper manner, mixing with the evil geniuses I used to spend a lot of time with. I've dropped in now and again in the last few years, to see what's going on there but as Twitter have been a complete pussy and banned user "Operation Payback" who are coordinating the DDOS attacks against the financial institutions I had no way of knowing what was going on. I do now, and I can tell you it's hopping on their channel.

Gavin has provided a list of the financial institutions being targeted along with a fine cyber manifesto that is believe it or not an extraordinary and prescient piece of noble digital thinking from the 90's and which I think I will later on, repost in full here. 

If you feel inclined to dabble in the dark arts then I 'hear' that all one needs to do is follow the instructions over here. Rumour has it that Anna Ardin who boasted on her blog how to stitch men up legally on her blog entitled "Seven Steps to Legal Revenge" is no longer cooperating with the Swedish police and has left the country, but that's not official, though I do believe Paypal have reversed their decision to freeze donations to Wikileaks.

Between you and I, it's probably a decision based on pure capitalism. So that's not one I can comment on given I prefer principles to profit. It's just business after all chaps.